Wow! So, it's almost been a week since we realized that we were going to be parents. It was last Tuesday night while I was on the phone with Brian (a friend I hadn't talked to in a while) when Izabella decided to use a home pregnancy test. She politely asked me to get off the phone, but being my normally dense self continued to chat another 15-20 minutes. Once I got off the phone, Izabella led me to the bathroom door where she entered, leaving me in the hall, then returned with the stick that showed a positive (+) sign! It was almost unbelievable! We immediately started doing research on Babyzone.com and connected my parents. The next day we told more family members and used another pregnancy test... sure enough, still positive! So, Izabella scheduled a doctor's appointment for Friday just to get medical confirmation and so we could be referred to an OB/GYN. The picture above was taken at the doc's office. By our best estimates, it looks like the baby's due date is November 12, 2009 (which will give us just another reason to be thankful this Thanksgiving)!!!
Since finding out that God saw me fit enough to be a dad, I have cried twice. Both times were on the way to work while listening to my I-pod (that's because the radio doesn't work in the station wagon). The first time was while listening to "Where You Are" by FFH. It's a song about simply desiring to be in the presence of God. I can think of so many reasons why I am unworthy to be a Dad. I haven't fully gotten being a husband down yet, much less raising a little soul to become a man or woman who will love and honor Jesus Christ in all things! What an amazing, awe-inspiring, and challenging responsibility and blessing! While I have always wanted to be a father, I didn't know if I would ever be one! I can't tell you how wonderful I feel right now!
As we walk this pathway, I hope to be more consistent in my blogging. It will be something fun to read years down the road and something that will hopefully point others to a stronger relationship with Christ through the testimony of a strengthening relationship with Izabella and the coming "Mini-Mac" or "M&M"! Thanks for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment