Wow! Let me just say first that we are so blessed to have yall in our lives. Since our announcement and the last blog, we have received so many messages, wall posts, texts, phone calls, hugs, congratulations, etc. that our "love tanks" (haha) will be full for a while! Thank you for all the words of encouragement and all the prayers that you have offered up on our behalf. On that line, please continue to pray for Izabella as she just started the morning sickness symptoms this weekend while we were at a Disciple Now in GA and also managed to catch my cold! Being sick while pregnant isn't exactly the easiest thing, since your medication possibilities are greatly reduced in order to ensure the health of the growing baby!
So, we got our appointment dates for our first OBGYN visits. They are March 31 and April 7. The first one is just an initial consultation with a nurse and the second is with a doctor. Not sure why it takes two, but hey, this is my first time, so I am doing as I am told! All I know is that Izabella is going to have to go through a LOT of tests to check for all these different things going on in her body and how that affects Mini Mac!
Mini Mac... wow... I still am in awe of the fact that my long-time desire to be a father is actually becoming a reality! I have often thought that if we didn't have children, then my students would be a wonderful alternative, but now I am actually going to be raising my own. I'll be teaching M&M to walk and talk. I'll be teaching right and wrong. I'll be trying to instill a love for Jesus and His Word. I'm going to be one of the biggest direct influences in his (it's just easier to type that rather than M&M every time -- it's no indicator of preference or prediction) social, emotional, cognitive, intellectual, spiritual, and many other areas of development. My relationship with him will impact how he makes decisions and his relationships with other people! I'm responsible for keeping him safe, nourished, clean... making sure he feels loved, secure, appropriately challenged and encouraged... And these things are just what I am able to think of at the moment! I can't begin to describe how encouraging it was to read and hear from so many of you that think we are going to be great parents. I pray that you confidence in us will be fleshed out in our lives! Thank you for being excited with us and for loving us and the little baby that you haven't even met yet. If all the people who said they'd babysit really babysit, then this child will never have trouble with socialization and Izabella and I will never be starved for a date night! haha
We love you and are so excited that you are praying for us and taking this journey with us!
Joel and Izabella McMillon
No comments:
Post a Comment